In the past year or so, we have received an increasing number of website related complaints of various kinds. Some of the common categories of complaints against sites on the servers managed by us are:
1. Copyright violation notifications against sites
2. Phishing attacks originating from sites
3. Spam mails originating from sites
4. Malicious content such as spyware, worms, etc originating from sites
5. Other types of abuse notifications about the sites
The process to notify these complaints is defined below:
1. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
a. Name of the site
b. Exact Link where violation occured (This is mandatory for reporting copyright violations, phishing attacks or malicious content notification)
c. Short Description of the issue and the action expected to be taken
d. Name and email id of the team to whom response should be sent
2. We will forward the notification to our clients and we always insist our clients to provide a response within 24 hours on the action taken.
3. If the client provides a response within 24 hours, we will pass it to you. If we do not get a response within 24 hours from our clients, we will take necessary action as per your request and update you.
4. Upon receiving written legal notification postal letter under Indian laws, we will provide the name and address of the clients whose servers are managed by us.
Please note that we manage the servers and the sites on it. We are not responsible for the content that resides on these sites, but as a professional policy, we will follow up on such complaints against sites hosted on servers managed by us.
On a related note, we will write separate blog posts about each of the types of complaints listed above, and the steps that can be taken by our clients to protect their sites from such violations.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this.